Chris Drake is joined by Tony Bickerstaff (former CFO at Costain) to discuss the importance of investing in people. Tony served as CFO at Costain from 2006-2020 during which time the Group underwent a significant transformation and achieved consistent profit growth. The Group’s approach to its people was at the very heart of this success.
During this session we discuss the following:
- Why is investment in people so important for a business and for the CFO?
- How has that investment had to change during the pandemic & will those changes be permanent?
- What are the potential repercussions for organisations that get this wrong?
- How have you personally motivated your team over the last few years?
- You led Mental Health & Wellbeing at Costain, why as CFO did you take on that additional role?
- What role can charities like the Prince’s Trust play in the people agenda?